Wednesday 25 June 2014

A taste of Crime

The World Cup has brought joy and tears not only to participating teams but to the fans too.
As usual, I left my small room around 6.30 PM in Kakamega town's Jua Kali estate looking forward to a mouth watering clash between Ghana and Germany.
As expected, it was a tight game even after The Black Stars fell a one goal down to die Mannschaft after Mario Gotze scored.
Andre Ayew equalised immediately with a well taken levelled headers before 'Le Capitan' Asamoah Gyan put Ghana ahead with a well played team goal.
Ghana,s moments of glory were shot lived as Germany high pitched and pressuring game brought them fruits.
The   veteran Polish born Germany striker Miroslav Klose was brought on.  and immediately his impact was felt.
The Lazio striker leveled a few minute after coming on equalizing the goal record held by Brazilian former international striker Ronaldo  Luís Nazário de Lima of scoring 15 goals in the world cup.
All in all the game ended in a draw and I left feeling happy and relieved hoping that the game between USA and Portugal will end in the favour of Portugal.
Reaching the house, no sooner had I opened the door that I was ambushed by three young men armed with Machete andf crude weapons.
I  estimated the lost souls to be aged between 20-30.
I was forcefully pushed into the house and threatened to be clobbered in case I raised alarm.
Remembering what my Dad always tells me, " When you clearly know, you have no other option, back down, you will fight another day," I kept my cool as they robbed me.
First, they ate the supper I had left to rush and watch the game.Having prepared my favourite meal of Pork and Ugali,i watched them in amazement( I wish i had poisoned it before, haahahaha like I knew i will be robbed) before they took my brand new samsund DVD that I had bought that day.
My brown timberland boots, Blue and Red Puma football boots( I bought them as I was leaving Nairobi), Alcatel T'pop phone, Samsung Duos phone,Two denim jeans and two official black brand new trousers were also taken.
I lost my Ramton electric Kettle, Adidas college bag (a gift from my sister Diana) and some money.
I had just been paid my salary a few days ago, so you can imagine how much i had in the house owing i had not paid my rent plus electricity bill amounting to sh5000.
I had also not done household shopping and i had not quenched my thirst( To those who gets my gist will understand).
It was a terrible experience despite my neighbor being an eavesdrop away  he was snoring loudly as usual enjoying his sleep, enjoying the warmth of his woman.
(I wonder how she manages to sleep keeping in mind how my neighbor roars while sleeping waking me up in the middle of the night. That is a woman for you.They can survive better than cockroaches).
The thieves must have been very merciful because they also left some valuable things in the house. I wonder why they decided to live a few of my belongings.May be its because they are human beings.
I told a few of my colleagues, friends and my parents.
Friends and colleague empathized with me and i expected nothing more anyway.
 As usual my Dad told me to Man up and move on. Terrible things happen to people always and i will either mourn for the rest of my life or keep on living.
"Instead of whining, you should give thanks they spared your life.They have given you a challenge, to buy better ones.Don't allow them to keep you down," that's my Dad.
My Mum couldn't understand.
"I told you that place was insecure but you couldn't listen. Now see what has happened. What if they could have harmed you. Were you drunk?( she has never believed that i stopped the habit)Bring that TV, and your household item back at home until the day you will move to a secure place,( Like home is immune to thieves yet she always complain of losing property to petty thieves)."
Anyway, that my caring, loving, understanding but strict mum.
Now i fear even going back to my house.I cannot get a peaceful and sound sleep.Hope to move out at the end of this month.
But is there any safe place in Kakamega town with this increased insecurity cases.
In Life, I Hope for the Best, But Expect The Worst.


No comments:

Post a Comment